This area is restricted.



Admin
News

News (5)

The Alphabet Year of Littledown Harriers (2012/2013)

A is for AGM - That’s where we Began

B is for Barry - Our Marathon Man

C is for Chairman - It’s Goodbye to Steve

D is for Dorset   - The roads that we Weave

E is for Evenings  - We now run much More

F is for Fidelity - This year we had 4

G is for Groupings - Green, Pink & Blue

H is for HELP - Your CLUB still Needs YOU!

I is for INJURY - On this I won’t Dwell

J is for Jim Kerr - He’s recovered so WELL

K is for King’s Park - It keeps is on TRACK

L is for League Race - We’re there in the Pack

M is for MEMBERS  - Our Raison D’Etre

N is for Noticeboard - For Club news etc.

O is for ORANGE - That infamous Wave

P is for PB’s - It’s what we all Crave

Q is for Quarterly - We Vote for a Winner

R is for RUNNERS - From Elite to Beginner

S is for Social  - We all like some FUN

T is for Training - It’s second to None

U is for Uphills - We wish we had Pedals

V is for Veterans - We win lots of Medals

W is for Website - Where updates we Find

X is for Xmas - It’s when we Unwind!

Y is for YOU - We’re so glad you’re HERE

Z is for ZAP me - Good Luck till Next Year

 

(Written and performed at 2013 AGM by Janet Hooper)

Tuesday, 18 December 2012 18:26

Thank you from Mosaic

Written by

18.12.12 On behalf of everyone at Mosaic, may we thank you so much for choosing Mosaic as your Charity of the Year in 2012.  We were absolutely thrilled to receive the cheque for £400, plus the further £45.00 collected on the night of the presentation.  Thank you for all the hard work you have put into your fundraising and you can be assured that it will be put to very good use at Mosaic.

 

It has been a busy 2012 at Mosaic.  We are currently supporting nearly 80 children across the County, with more referrals coming in every week.  We receive many calls at Christmas which can be a very emotional time of year for families, but we are able to offer advice and coping strategies on how to handle the sad and difficult times.

 

May we wish all the members of the Littledown Harriers a very merry Christmas and thank you for the support you have shown Mosaic over the past year.  Do keep in touch.

 

Best wishes,

 

Katie Hensman

Administrator

For more information on Mosaic and the good work they do go to:www.mosaicfamilysupport.org.uk

Saturday, 11 August 2012 13:23

Minutes of AGM 2012 plus July Committee Minutes

Written by

                                 LITTLEDOWN HARRIERS ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2012

 

Minutes of the AGM held at the Queens Park Golf Club Pavilion on Tues 26th June 2012

 

 

Those present :   Chairman : Steve Shuck, Secretary : Janet Hooper,

                             Treasurer : Lin Edwards, Membership Secretary : Ian Noble

                             48 members      

 

1.Apologies were received from Phil Sparkes, Lisa Jordan, Pauline Roberts, Barry Light, Greg Hawkins, Louise Harper, Steve Scally, Stewart Cull and Glen Batt.

 

2.Minutes of the last AGM held on the 28th June 2011 were previously distributed and agreed at the meeting.

 

3.MattersThere were 4 items covered –

3.1.  Communication methods – Since last year we utilised Facebook and also more recently launched our ‘new look’ website.

3.2.  Christmas party – members tickets were subsidised in 2011.

3.3.  Updates from committee meetings - As part of constitution there is been an open invitation to committee meetings. Unfortunately the posting of minutes on the website has not happened but is now set up for the future.

3.4.  Constitution - The committee has the authority to make certain rules. In the last 12 months documents have revised and implemented on the

3.4.1.     Revised Code of Practice

3.4.2.     Disciplinary Procedures

3.4.3.     Procedure for selecting ROTY and Bush/Foreman Trophy

     These will be made available on the club website.

 

4.Club Chairman’s Address.

Steve welcomed the club members and said that he was proud to be Chairman. He thanked all those officials/coaches/members/ who contributed their time and effort to assist in the running of the club. He made it clear that sometimes the club officials don’t get things right, and feedback is important, so please give it where appropriate.

He talked about ‘inspirational’ race days and the camaraderie on club evenings and the ever increasing membership numbers.

He finished his address talking about the challenges ahead and his position as Chairman. Although happy to continue as Chairman for the coming year, he announced his intention to stand down at next year’s AGM.

Final words – ‘this is our club, be part of it, enjoy it and wear that orange vest with pride’

 

5.Club Secretary’s Report.

Janet thanked Steve on behalf of the club for his continuing contribution to the club. The theme of her report was ‘growing pains’ related to the growth spurt in the Club. First some statistics

  • Membership now 161 (including 2 honorary members, 148 1st claim and 64 Ladies)
  • Number of Coaches has increased - Level 2 (5), Level 1 (3) and Running Leaders (8)
  • Average age of the committee members is 51 years and 2 months!
  • Janet also mentioned the ever increasing mileage our runners are achieving in training and racing.

     What this has meant to the Club is that the committee has needed to ask for help from time to time.  

     This has been willingly offered (club database, club website, event organization) and our thanks go

     to everyone involved. She re-iterated Steve’s request that members continue to support us. There

will be new opportunities within the committee as well as on a task by task basis. With this help, we can remain a ‘great running club, one of which I am proud to be secretary, coach and ordinary member’.

    

6.Treasurers Report.

Lin reported that the club continued to remain in a healthy position with current assets similar to last year. However, we have a number of major costs in the second half of the year which mean that, as always, we need sufficient funds to provide payments in advance.

  • She grouped all the costs related to Littledown 5 together, and reminded us that the majority of the profits from this now go to our ‘charity of the year’.
  • Likewise the Xmas party costs were show simply as cash in/cash out
  • We have quite a large supply of stock including club vets, hoodies, car stickers which will eventually generate revenue. However, we always need a minimum stockholding of most kit.
  • Payments to UKA are mandatory.
  • The fees for the track are currently being negotiated and will increase substantially next year.
  • The fees for the website should reduce next year, with Paolo and Ade providing their time for free

As last year, a query was raised related to ‘low’ figure for admin and sundries (£21) Lin explained that this was due to the fact that many of the committee do not submit ‘expense claims’ for out of pocket expenses. Peter H suggested that the ‘actual’ expenses were calculated to maintain a fuller picture of the cost of running the club and also not to make potential officers or volunteers feel that they would not be reimbursed.

 

7.Club Fees for 2012/2013.

Janet informed the members that a proposal she made to change the club year had been accepted and voted in by the committee. This would bring us in line with annual registration and payments to UKA. Last year, we overpaid by £100 due to non renewal of members in October.

Period 1 - 1st October 2012 to March 31st 2013 (6 months)

Period 2 - 1st April 2013 to March 31st 2014 (12 months)

From 2013 onwards renewal will be every April 1st.

She also referred to some of the upcoming costs mentioned by Lin. In addition, we wish to get more Coaches to level 2 and also ensure that all coaches have basic first aid training. Given these facts the committee proposes that the fees are set at £15 for period 1 and £30 for period 2. A show of hands confirmed that members did wish to continue with the track usage and acceptance for the new fees and renewal dates.

 

8. Appointment of Officers.

   The following officers were re-elected.

 

Chairman                     Steve Shuck

Club Secretary               Janet Hooper

Treasurer                       Lin Edwards

All remaining committee members agreed to continue service and Carmel volunteered to join the

committee. She was voted in unanimously.

                        

9.Charity of the Year.

There were 2 nominations for the 2013 charity of the year.

Naomi’s House – Naomi B

Wessex Autistic Society – Ade H

 

Details of both charities had been circulated previously by email and information was also placed in  

the meeting room for members to view prior to the meeting.

After 2 heart wrenching presentations, a vote was ready to be taken. At this point, Mark White spoke

out and asked if other members felt like him, that it was impossible to choose. It was agreed and voted

in by a large majority that we would support both charities in 2013, with the committee working with

Ade and Naomi to ensure that each charity got sufficient exposure and a share of the income.

 

10.Awards.

 

ROTY – voted on by members before the AGM, was presented to Roger Browning for his fight against ill health and his comeback in the London Marathon 2012 and also other local races.

Roger was also awarded an Honorary membership of the Club for his many year’s service. He responded by requesting that his club fees to be donated to the Charity of the Year.

 

Bush/Forman Trophy – This new special award in honour of the late Mike Bush and Dave Forman, was awarded for contribution to the club during the last year. This was presented to Barry Telling for his tremendous effort in managing the Club Championship, ROTQ and input on the old/new website transition.

 

An additional ‘Thank-you’ went to Neil Ryan for his work over the years, distributing emails any time of the day or night. He was presented with a tankard and wished the best of luck for the future now that his running days have ended through injury.

 

Many Congratulations to all recipients.

 

11. A.O.B.

 

11.1   Littledown 5. Peter H gave an update on the race planning. He informed the members that a limit of 300 entries was in place. Last year there were 316 entries of which 285 completed the race. We raised £757 for Naomi’s House.

He also showed us the commemorative mug, which was one of the finisher options. The demo one, which was personalised with the name ‘Peter’ was snatched up by Peter Phillips with a donation of £20 to our charity.

Peter had a number of entry forms which he distributed after the meeting, for placement in gyms, offices, schools etc.

 

11.2 Sunday Runs. Peter P asked if the Sunday runs could start later. After a show of hands it seemed he was in the minority, with most preferring the current time and a number would like an earlier start. This will be raised at the next coaches meeting.

 

11.3 Christmas Party. Gerry asked if this was happening since it was normally booked by now.

Mike and Laurence are organizing and will be sharing the details with members soon.

 

11.4 Matt S asked how to get topics raised at the committee meeting. It was suggested anyone wishing to do so to send an email to Janet or Steve or have a ‘quiet word’ on club night.

 

 

The meeting finished at 22:05

 

 

Club Secretary

Thursday, 12 July 2012 13:03

Minutes of July Committee meeting

Written by

 

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 10/07/12

 

MINUTES

Present : Steve Shuck, Janet Hooper, Lin Edwards, Gary Worsley, Kevin Dowsett, Barry Telling, Ian Noble, Peter Hellawell, Carmel Ryan

Guests : Paolo DeLuca, Laurence Stephenson, Mike Neal

Apologies : Heather Khoshnevis, Vincent Rochard, Ade Holloway

 

The meeting commenced at 21:00

 

Steve opened the meeting by welcoming Carmel to her first meeting.

  1. 1.Christmas Party

Laurence and Mike shared their proposal for the Christmas party. This would be a themed party (007) at the Queens Hotel (Lansdowne) and would cost approx. £27 per head if we got the required numbers. The committee supported the idea and also agreed to a small subsidy per paid-up club member.

Action : Mike/Laurence to progress and inform members

 

Steve thanked M&L for their hard work thus far.

 

  1. 2.Communication/Email and Website

A discussion was held regarding Ade taking over the forwarding of emails to club members. It was explained that all mails would be routed through This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to maintain transparency.

Other uses of the website were also discussed e.g. fee payments, purchase of merchandise and will be discussed at next meeting.

Under discussion was also special shirts for Captains.

Action : Steve to discuss further with Ade and invite him to next meeting.

It was mentioned that the list of coaches needs updating on the website.

Action : Gary to provide Paolo with list to enable him to display photos.

The Disciplinary Procedures, Code of Practice and Constitution will also be put on website. Paolo to Action.

 

  1. 3.Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and will be posted on the website.

Matters arising from AGM concerned how we addressed promoting and fund

raising for 2 charities in 2013. It was agreed that we had time to prepare for this in

future meetings.

 

  1. 4.Chairman’s Report.

Steve believed that the AGM went well and got positive feedback from members attending for the first time. It was relaxed and enjoyable. He said the Littledown Marathon was also a great success.

A meeting has been arranged with Bournemouth council to hopefully finalise track usage and the coaches will follow up on their next meeting (17/07).

Steve felt that the committee needed to set strategic priorities and asked the team to think about areas for improvement.

Action : All committee members to raise 3 areas of improvement to discuss at next meeting

 

Secretary’s Update.

Janet briefly shared news from the Dorset RRL meeting held on the previous evening. There were 2 specific areas which she will follow up with the appropriate members

   RRL races for 2013 –        Action : Janet to email Heather, Vince and Barry

   Marshalling ‘regulations’ – Action : Janet to email Peter and Vincent

 

  1. 5.Treasurers and Membership Update.

No change from AGM.

 

  1. 6.Littledown 5

Peter brought along samples of the finishers mementos from L5.

He suggested that some members might like to order their own ‘personalised’ mugs at an amount higher than cost, to raise funds for our charity. The Committee supported this.

 

  1. 7.AOB

None.

 

 

 

 

The meeting finished at 22:20

 

Next Meeting – 7h August 2012 @ 9pm

 

Tuesday, 03 July 2012 15:52

Your quick overview of the AGM

Written by

(Held - 26.06.12)

52 members attended
Committee Voted in same as of 2011-12
Carmel Ryan -Additional Committee member
Charity of the Year Naomi House and Wessex Autistic Society.
Member's voted to choose both charities as club charity.
Both to share money raised in 2013.
Committee will work closely with Naomi and Ade (proposers) to best support them both
Club membership year is to change next year.
Renewal in October will be for 6 months (£15) and then next April will become
the new full year (£30). 
Currently 161 members (including 2nd claim)
Christmas party Mike and Laurence organising this year's event - announcement soon
Awards ROTY – Roger Browning - also granted Honorary Life membership of the ClubBush/Forman Trophy - Barry Telling for his contribution to the Club
Special presentation - Neil Ryan for all his work sending out emails over recent years

 

Next Committee Meeting is on Tues 10 July at 9pm. The Agenda will be circulated prior to that, if you have anything you specifically wish to raise we can accommodate 1 or 2 (max) additional attendees.


Thanks again from the Committee - Janet H Club Secretary

ldh member 25th-anv-final2

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffNews