This area is restricted.



Admin

Committee Meeting 7th Jan 2014

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 07/01/14

MINUTES 

Present : Barry T (chair), Janet H (secretary), Ken B, (membership), Gary Worsley, Peter H, Heather K, Paolo DeL.

The meeting commenced at 21:00.

  1. 1.Apologies : Lin E, Carmel R , Kev D, Stuart S, Maxine B
  1. 2.Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and will be posted on the website. 

The actions were reviewed and all were completed with the exception of the following which require additional progress :

Action : Lin has obtained form for Switch card. To progress this with the Bank on her return. 

Action : Janet was unable to pay DRRL dues as meeting at Blandford was postponed. Payment to be made by post.

Action : Club kit/vests. Janet to look at alternative suppliers. 

Action : Littledown 5, Peter to get equipment back and start the search for new volunteer (with assistance from committee). 

  1. 3.Update on club website (Membership/payment of dues)

Paolo attended the meeting to demonstrate the software available to make club payments and to discuss online membership and ongoing site maintenance, The committee were in agreement that Paolo should be paid a ‘fair’ amount for the time spent.

The costs for hosting etc. were discussed and Paolo was given the go-ahead to proceed. 

Action : Paolo to complete prototype for next meeting, Also, to obtain costings for software/hosting and get cheque from Janet.

  1. 4.Chairman’s Brief

Barry commented on the successes of 2013 and raised awareness that the DRRL is getting even tougher for us, especially for the men’s team. He also said he was encouraged by the help that Peter has received for the presentation evening and we should continue to get more members involved in club events etc.

    

  1. 5.Secretary’s Brief

Janet reported that everything had been covered in updates from last meeting. 

  1. 6.Treasurer’s Brief

     Lin had made bank figures available for the meeting. Once cheques have been   

     raised for the 2013 charities an accurate balance of ‘actual’ funds should be 

     available, so that we can take a look at 2014 predicted outgoings versus income.

  1. 7.Coaching Update

      Action : Gary to arrange Coaches meeting before next committee meeting.

  1. 8.Captains/Club Championship

Heather reported that the Ladies came 3rd in DRRL. Need to continue making members aware of forthcoming races. 

      Action : Phil, Stuart and Heather to promote championship/league races at every 

      opportunity.

  1. 9.Social Event/Awards Ceremony.

Peter went through the format of the evening and requested the involvement of the committee in the entertainment. Everything is well organised and Peter has a team of helpers to help with the preparation and delivery.

  1. 10.AOB
  1. 10.1  There is a need to be clear on first aid related items to be carried by  

         coaches and the role of the coaches in incidents requiring first aid to be

         administered. 

 Action : To be raised at coaches meeting.

      

The meeting finished at 22:08 Next Meeting: 4th Feb 2014 @ 9pm  

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffCommittee MinutesClub Meeting NotesCommittee Meeting 7th Jan 2014