This area is restricted.



Admin

Committee Meeting 6th Nov 2012

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 06/11/12

MINUTES

Present : Steve S, Janet H, Ian N, Gary W, Kevin D, Barry T, Carmel R, Heather K, Vincent R

Apologies : Lin E, Peter H

The meeting commenced at 21:00

  1. Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and will be posted on the website.

  1. Chairman’s Report.

Steve reported that he is already beginning to feel ‘detached’ from the club as he is no longer running. He stressed that he needs to remain aware of what is happening within the club. He also reported that his ‘task’ of collating the list of all email addresses for all members is now about 90% complete and most members are now receiving club emails.

  1. Updates from Communication Meeting.

All items are still ‘Work in Progress’.

Barry shared the details of the potential Club members area, which everyone seemed comfortable with after a series of questions/answers.

  1. Secretary’s Update.

Janet informed the group of the new UKA affiliation fees which are increasing by £5 per member. Foreign Athlete fees are due by the end of the year.

The RRL races have now been agreed for 2013 and are on the County website.

  1. Membership Update.

81 members have paid their 6 monthly renewals to date.

  1. Treasurer’s Update.

Available funds have remained ‘healthy’.

  1. Beginners/New Runners/Club Nights.

It was confirmed that the club rules state that new runners should be able to run 5 miles before starting training with the club. Several of the coaches have offered their services to run a ‘trial’ beginners group from 6:00 to 6:45 on a Tuesday evening starting in January. Carmel will champion this.

Action : Carmel to draw up proposal/training plan

A discussion was held on the possibility of the second club night changing to a Thursday instead of a Friday (possibly as well as)

Action : Gary to put on the Agenda of Coaches meeting and report back next month

  1. ROTQ/Club Championship

Barry has agreed to continue with both and the committee thanked him for his contribution.

Club Championship will include 7 RRL events.

Action : Committee members and coaches to forward their proposals to Barry ASAP

  1. Charities of the Year.

It was agreed that the split would be as follows

All monies raised by Club events would be split 50/50.

All monies raised on joint ventures would be split according to ‘involvement’ of

the sponsors.

All events sponsored by an ‘individual charity to retain profits for that charity.

  1. Captains Reports

The Ladies team continues to well and are a ‘confirmed’ second in the RRL. The men had a brilliant result at Hobourne which has pulled them out of the relegation zone. Both teams came second at the Stickler.

  1. AOB

    1. After discussion, it was agreed that the next coaches meeting needed to concentrate on ‘coaching’ and responsibilities rather than the sessions for December. Action : Gary to produce appropriate Agenda

    2. The committee proposed that the club should have an evening ‘socialising’ in the bar after the club session every 3 months – particularly useful for newer members. (No games or quizzes, just chatting!)

The meeting finished at 22:25

Next Meeting – 4th December @ 9pm  

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffCommittee MinutesClub Meeting NotesCommittee Meeting 6th Nov 2012