This area is restricted.



Admin

Committee Meeting 7th May 2013

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 07/05/13

MINUTES

Present : Steve S, Janet H, Lin E, Gary B, Gary W, Peter H, Kevin D, Carmel R

Apologies : Barry T, Heather K, Vincent R

The meeting commenced at 21:00

  1. Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and will be posted on the website.

On-going Actions : Email Addresses to be made available to Paolo for club login

Health & Safety’ Guidelines for Club Sessions – Gary & Janet

  1. Chairman’s Report.

Steve re-iterated his observations over previous months, that there is a lot going on in the area of ‘Improvement’ and still further possibilities for the ‘new’ committee after the AGM.

  1. Secretary’s Update.

The cheque has been received from Bournemouth Council in relation to the Bournemouth Bay ½. To be banked and allocated to the Club Charities.

  1. Membership Update.

We have now received renewal payments from about 60% of the membership.

Gary notified the committee of his ‘absence dates’.

Membership Form online – Peter has spent a great deal of time finalising the details and has produced a number of documents which have been reviewed by selected committee members. The Content and Process for new members is clear and the ‘paper form’ reflects what is online. It was confirmed that the membership form would not be ‘Accepted’ without input from the coaching team.

  1. Treasurer’s Update.

There is still a healthy balance. There are a number of large expenses due but also the outstanding membership fees to balance it out.

Signatories: After discussion, it was agreed that Lin, Janet, Gary B and Ken would be the bank signatories for the club account.

Action : Lin to progress the forms with the relevant parties.

  1. AGM Items.

There are a number of items that need to be progressed prior to the AGM . Those covered were as follows :

  1. Election of Officers : Names have been put foward for all positions

Additional general committee members – will be requested at the AGM.

Carmel will be happy to ‘speak’ about the role at the AGM.

The Ladies and Men’s captains will stand again if no one else forthcoming.

  1. Charity of the Year – It was agreed that nominated charities would have a 2 minute pitch followed by a ‘blind ballot’ on the night.

  2. Membership fees – It was agreed to keep the membership fees at £30 and absorb the increased fees to UKA in 2014.

  3. Littledown 5 – A request for help for Vincent will be made at the AGM. To be put on the Agenda.

  4. Venue – Janet will visit the venue in advance of the AGM to check the layout & menus. Lin will accompany, if available.

  5. Awards – ROTY to be progressed immediately after ROTQ announced (Fri 7th). Nominations for Bush/Forman Trophy to come from Coaches & the Committee (next meeting).

Action : All items relating to the AGM to be progressed/followed up by Janet.

  1. Coaching Update.

Things are still going well on Thursdays, Fridays and Beginners sessions.

The BEEP Test has now been purchased and Gary is pursuing the audio aspects.

Some issues with attendance, buy-in of coaches/leaders etc. Strategy required for the future.

  1. Captains Updates.

None.

  1. AOB

    1. There will be a raffle at the AGM. Peter collating prizes.

The meeting finished at 22:25

Next Meeting – 4th June @ 9pm  

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffCommittee MinutesClub Meeting NotesCommittee Meeting 7th May 2013