This area is restricted.



Admin

Committee Meeting 5th March 2013

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 05/03/13

MINUTES

Present : Steve S, Janet H, Ian N, Lin E, Gary W, Peter H, Kevin D, Barry T, Carmel R, Gary B, Heather K, Vincent R,

Apologies : None Guest : Martin Yelling

The meeting commenced at 21:00

Steve opened the meeting by welcoming Gary B on to the committee. He also welcomed Martin Yelling as a guest.

  1. Martin Yelling attended the meeting to share some details about the Bournemouth Marathon and also to ‘invite’ the club members to volunteer to assist on the day.

Several members already have key roles on the day.

Action : Steve to draft an invite to the members explaining about the types of roles and the possibility of financial remuneration (for club or individuals).

  1. Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and will be posted on the website.

Completed actions –

Membership secretary meeting took place and was documented.

Succession planning, some responses were received to the requests for the assistant secretary and chairman role. Some interest has been shown.

  1. Chairman’s Report.

All Steve’s news was covered in the updates above.

  1. Secretary’s Update.

Janet alerted the committee to the fact that the stock of ladies vests is running low. She will be liaising with all the current distributors and will take a tally for both the ladies and the men before placing an order.

She raised concerns about the marshalling for the Bay ½. The committee agreed that the sponsors of the two club charities should organise this.

  1. Membership Update.

There are still several new members coming through. The email requesting payment for 2013/2014 will be sent out mid March.

Action : Ian to send out the first renewal reminder.

It was suggested that Ken gets to look at the online membership form. This should be available to committee members but link was not received by all.

Action : Steve to resend link (via Paolo if necessary)

Peter pointed out the emergency contact list set up via the online application would be stored for easy retrieval in the event of a problem.

  1. Treasurer’s Update.

The Club’s finances remain healthy. Lin would like a review of signatories for the account with Ian’s availability changing.

Action : Janet to put ‘signatories’ on Agenda for next meeting.

  1. Coaching Update.

There have been 2 coaches meetings since the last committee meeting. Things are still going well on Thursdays and Beginners sessions.

Janet raised an issue with the availability of the track for the last session. We are owed one session but now need to renew our contract.

Actions : Gary W to liaise with the council

  1. ROTQ.

Barry took the committee through the list of nominations. After discussion a winner was agreed and will be awarded on Tuesday 12th.

  1. AGM Venue 2013.

Following on from last month, the venue was short-listed to 2, with Bournemouth Sports Club being voted in. The date was confirmed as 18th June.

Action : Gary to confirm with his contact at the venue.

Action : Janet to make pre-announcement about the date of the AGM.

  1. Social Calendar.

The details prepared by Peter were discussed and some outline agreements were made. The committee supported the possibility of up to 6 events a year, preferably some of which would be self-financing.

It was also agreed that ownership should not be the total responsibility of the committee, with help being sought from members. A liaison person would be needed.

Advertising for events would be done via the website and noticeboard.

Action : Peter to continue moving this forward.

  1. Captains Updates.

None

  1. AOB

None covered due to time constraints.

The meeting finished at 22:28

Next Meeting – 2nd April @ 9pm  

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffCommittee MinutesClub Meeting NotesCommittee Meeting 5th March 2013