This area is restricted.



Admin

Committee Meeting 6th Mar 2012

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 06/03/12

 

MINUTES

Present : Steve Shuck, Janet Hooper, Lin Edwards, Gary Worsley, Kevin Dowsett, Barry Telling, Ian Noble, Peter Hellawell, Heather Khoshnevis, Vincent Rochard

Guests : Paolo, Ade Holloway

Apologies : None

 

The meeting commenced at 21:00

 

  1. Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

 

The minutes were agreed. There were a number of matters arising :

Action – Steve to get his signature logged with the bank- still Ongoing

Action – Website Update – see item 2.

Action – Track Usage. Steve still chasing.

Action - Charity of the Year. No further communication from Mosaic.

 

  1. Website Update.

A detailed update was given including an explanation about ‘key members’ being able to make updates to their related areas (e.g captains reports, training schedules, championship info etc). This would require some training which Paolo will provide. There would be a cost for website hosting of £80 a year. The committee voted unanimously for the launch to go-ahead on March 15th. A further vote of thanks was made to Barry for his input over recent years.

Action – Paolo to launch website on March 15th.

Action – Paolo to produce ‘idiots guide’ for those who need to make updates plus hands-on training if necessary.

Action : Steve to write to current website administrator and also to notify club members of what was happening.

  1. Chairman’s Report.

Steve commented on how busy the club was and that everything was ticking over quite well. He felt that the Coaches communication seems to have improved with regard to cover at the sessions.

 

  1. Secretary’s Update.

Janet confirmed that we had only received offers of 5 marshalls at the Bay ½ but we would progress anyway. She also asked if anyone on the committee could represent the Club at the DRRL meeting on 2nd April in her absence. Steve volunteered. An order for vests has been made and should arrive in 3-4 weeks. A few members have expressed an interest in taking the Leadership in Running Fitness course (independently of the club) and some dates are forthcoming.

Action – Steve to attend RRL meeting on Apr 2nd

 

  1. Membership Secretary’s Update.

There are currently 141 paid-up members with more in the pipeline. Ken Ballam

is currently updating the UKA details.

 

  1. Treasurer’s Update.

Current bank balance is slightly down on last month.

There will be some large expenses coming up in the next quarter – including vests and UKA affiliation in June.

 

  1. Coaching Update.

Gary informed us that the next coaches meeting will be later this month. Bum bags to contain ‘safety equipment’ have now been ordered. UKA (Dave Brown) has confirmed that we may implement our own version of Codes of Conduct providing we deliver within our own license conditions. It was decided that we must progress the ‘next of kin’ list and this will be put on Agenda for next meeting. We also discussed what information we would need about new members prior to them joining the club.

Action : Gary to make proposal regarding the above for next meeting.

 

 

  1. AOB.

    1. Lin reminded us that we have a jubilee celebration in June

    2. Barry notified us that he would be sending out a request for ROTQ nominations imminently.

 

The meeting finished at 10pm.

 

Next Meeting – 3rd Apr 2012 @ 9pm

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffCommittee MinutesClub Meeting NotesCommittee Meeting 6th Mar 2012