This area is restricted.



Admin

Committee Meeting 7th Feb 2012

Littledown Harriers Running Club

Committee Meeting 07/02/12

 

MINUTES

Present : Steve Shuck, Janet Hooper, Lin Edwards, Gary Worsley, Kevin Dowsett, Barry Telling, Ian Noble, Peter Hellawell, Heather Khoshnevis, Vincent Rochard

Apologies : None

 

The meeting commenced at 21:00

 

  1. Minutes of last meeting & Matters arising.

 

The minutes were agreed. There were a number of matters arising :

Action – Steve to get his signature logged with the bank- still Ongoing

Action – Website Update – see item 2.

Action – Track Usage. Steve making progress, awaiting paperwork from Council.

Action - Data Manager. Ken Ballam has volunteered to assist. Janet/Ian/Ken to progress as sub-committee.

Action - Charity of the Year. Steve and Janet met with Mosaic to build a working relationship. There will be opportunities for the Club to get involved with Mosaic Events in addition to our own fund raising. Steve will be first point of contact.

 

  1. Website Update.

Paolo was not available to give an update to the meeting. Barry is concerned that he has still not handed over responsibility for the updates etc. as requested last year.

Action – Those committee members who have not yet done so to provide feedback to Paolo copying Steve.

Action – Steve to meet with Paolo before the next meeting.

  1. Chairman’s Report.

Steve raised a discussion on the roles/responsibilities for the organisation of the Littledown 5 (on which he congratulated Peter on the smooth running over the last couple of years). Peter was able to report that he would continue as Race Director up to the day this year, with Vince providing on the day co-ordination.

 

  1. Secretary’s Update.

Janet mentioned that we could raise funds for either Mosaic or the Club if we could get 10 or more volunteer marshalls at the Bay Half. Everyone agreed it would be a good charity fund raising opportunity.

Action – Janet to email club members and progress if sufficient uptake.

 

  1. Membership Secretary’s Update.

There are currently 133 paid-up members with an additional 4 new ladies soon.

 

  1. Treasurer’s Update.

Current bank balance includes an extra balance £400 from the Christmas ‘Do’. Lin expressed her congratulations to the new organisers who did a great job.

 

  1. Coaching Update.

Gary reported back on the coaches meeting held in January in terms of session planning and coach coverage. He also brought along samples of the bum bags available for coaches to carry ‘emergency’ items. He informed the committee that the coaches were trying to ensure safety on cycle paths etc. and they now have 6 bibs to distribute on the night to anyone not appropriately dressed.

Code of Conduct – after the coaches meeting Gary and Peter produced an updated version. Gary has contacted UKA to check validity of us making changes.

Action – Gary to circulate the Code of Conduct documents and await response from UKA

 

  1. Littledown Marathon

This event will take place on 17th June – 26 laps of Littledown Park. It is part of Barry’s 60in60at60 and is being organised by Ade. There are 6 places available to LH.

Action – Janet to circulate details and then 6 will be selected out of the hat.

 

  1. AOB.

    1. Vincent expressed his disappointment at the Men’s results so far this year.

    2. Barry outlined the Club Fidelity Award for the CC. The committee thanked Barry for his organisation in 2011 and the successful awards ceremony.

    3. Heather enthused on the ladies team success but raised the issue of not having access to membership forms for new members that wished to join the club. Ian will pass copies to Heather and Vincent, all new members will still need to ‘known’ to the coaches/committee before applying.

 

The meeting finished at 10pm.

 

Next Meeting – 6th Mar 2012 @ 9pm

You are here:   HomeThe ClubNews StuffCommittee MinutesClub Meeting NotesCommittee Meeting 7th Feb 2012